The online variation of poker has a number of advantages compared to live games and both new and experienced players from around the world opt for this option. Therefore, we can name a lot of reasons why you should turn to playing your favorite poker online instead of traveling to a brick-and-mortar casino:
- Wide range of poker rooms available;
- The freedom to play the game at any time of the day;
- You learn the game easier;
- All poker formats available in every online casino room;
- You can play faster by launching multiple tables;
- Bonuses are offered only in online casinos.
You see it’s more beneficial to gamble online than in ground-based casinos. The gleam and sparkle of land casinos can’t compete with the many advantages of online poker.
How You Can Play Poker Online: The Structure and Rules
At the beginning of the twentieth century, Poker was a game for the rich and elite to play and watch. However, due to the cinematic influence by iconic movie stars, and the appearance of the internet, Poker has become a game nearly every gambler wants to give a try. Here we introduce how to play poker online free in a nutshell:
- The purpose of every player is to form the best poker hand among all the opponents at the table;
- Poker hands are ranked as follows: Royal Flush, Straight Flush, 4-of-a-kind, Full House, Straight, 3-of-a-kind, Two Pair, One Pair, High Card;
- Players act by betting/calling, raising, or folding;
- Every player gets two hole cards and five community cards are dealt on the table;
- The player who forms a better hand than all the opponents with the hole and community cards, wins the pot;
- During the four rounds of betting, players are free to bet as much as they wish even in the middle at any time (if it’s a no-limit game).
Now let’s briefly go over the main types of the game so that you can choose which game will be more expedient for you to play.
In Stud poker, every player is dealt with his poker hand (a prearranged combination). Some of the cards are face-down only for the player to see while the rest are face up to be viewable for the opponents. Betting in this game is limited.
In this poker variation, every player gets their complete hands face-down. Once the first round is over, every player is free to choose whether to discard their cards and get new cards dealt, or keep the hand. Most of all, gamblers prefer the five-card option of the game.
Community Card Poker
This is an option of stud poker. Every player gets an incomplete hand (two face-down cards named hole cards) and several cards are dealt to the table face-up. Players can use the cards to combine with their hole cards to form a five-card hand. This poker variation is so far the most popular one.
How to Play and Win Real Cash at Online live Poker
If you aim to earn money to live on by gambling, why not make use of some working tips to play poker hold’em online free?! Surely, when playing poker, you need to behave as calm as possible not to be read. Yet, there are other points worth your attention, too:
- When playing cash games, play low stakes;
- Opt for either NL25 or at least NL10 to play;
- Play aggressively right from the beginning;
- Try yourself in poker tournaments.
When playing poker be prepared to face much variance. All your large wins will be followed by losses (we hope not large). That’s the essence of every casino game – both to win and lose.